Saturday, February 12, 2011

Application letter (first draft)

ABC Drive Blk 109 #13-123 S’pore 812131
10th Feb 2011

Mr.Samuel
Manager, Human Resource Office

National Environment Agency 40 Scotts Road, #13 - 00
Environment Building
Singapore 228231

Dear Mr. Samuel,

This letter is in response to the advertisement for the post of Environmental Health Executive which appeared on the National Environment Agency’s official website on the 1st February 2011. I am an advocate for conservation, and sincerely believe that working as an Environmental Health Executive will enable me to help Singapore in sustainable development and providing a quality living environment for present and future generations.

I have just graduated from the National University of Singapore with a merit Degree in Chemistry and minor in Environmental Chemistry. I have a proven track of being a strong leader, a good speaker, and a competent event organizer. Leadership roles I have taken up include being the Captain for my faculty’s sports team, an Assistant Orientation Group Leader, and Head of Publicity for the student’s body, of which details can be seen from the enclosed resume. During my stint as Head of Publicity, I was involved in the organizing of events such as camps, night cycling and the Inter Faculty games for 2009-2011.

In my years of NS, I was a trained medical personnel and instructor in Underwater Medicine, and was tasked with the training of new recruits in it. This has enabled me to be able to speak in front of a large group of people, and also to respond quickly and effectively to any queries that are posed to me. The leadership and presentation skills which I possess will put me in good stead in undertaking the responsibilities of an Environmental Health Executive under the National Environmental Agency.

For further details, please refer to the enclosed resume. I will be calling you in a week's time just in case you have any further questions and also to schedule an interview so that my application can be further discussed. Thank you for your time and kind consideration.

Sincerely,

Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment